On this advanced training course you will learn the latest cutting edge, Elite Sports Massage Myofascial techniques in use in the US by world renowned Olympic level sports therapists. You will further develop your palpation skills, learn effective deep tissue massage techniques and how to use therapeutic tools for treatment of the legs and back. Vacuum Cupping uses soft silicone cups to lift tissue, rapidly increase circulation, release adhesions and increase lymph drainage.
A Scraping Tool is used to further increase erythema, release stubborn adhesions and break up fibrotic tissue. Basic Kinesio Tape applications and the use of Cryoderm cryotherapy Spray and Gel are used to enhance the effects of therapy for lasting results. Training will include an understanding the nature of fascia and of the development of fibrosis and scar tissue.
This seminar covers a number of interrelated Therapeutic applications including:
- Myofascial Massage for the back of legs and back
- The theory and practice of a range of vacuum cups
- The theory and practice of a ‘Gua sha’ or scraping tool
- Taping principals & assessment
- The use of topical cryotherapy sprays and gels
- Practical taping applications for the lower leg, knee, low back and shoulder